Established, specialist broadcast PR agency Shout! Communications, based in London just round the corner from ITN, is looking for an assistant to support the company across a wide range of duties.
This is an exciting and varied role, with lots of potential, for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual looking to develop a career in public relations, marketing or possibly broadcast.
The role involves supporting the marketing team – particularly with hospitality and administrative duties; but on a busy day you may also be involved in supporting our PR and video production teams too. Part of the role will include operating our radio sound desk and recording and editing podcasts (no experience is necessary although an advantage and training will be given)
Although it may suit an entry-level candidate this is an important role for us and the successful candidate will play a crucial part in the marketing of our company. Typical hours 0900-1800 with an hour for lunch. Every day will be different but your duties are likely to include:
- Organisation and updating of new business and client data bases
- Hospitality duties for marketing and client events
- Administration and setting up of in-house marketing events
- Drafting and sending of email campaigns on MailChimp
- Production (using Photoshop or similar) of e-brochures
- Running and promoting social media campaigns on LinkedIn, Twitter etc
- Developing and writing content for our website and other marketing literature eg case studies, brochures, blogs
- Attendance at in-house and external networking events
A degree is desirable but not essential for this role. A’ levels or perhaps a BTEC Extended Diploma in business studies might be as useful. That said the successful person must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including good spelling and use of punctuation. They’re also likely to have:
- A strong work ethic
- A willingness to embrace all tasks, simple and complex, thrown at them
- Strong organizational skills and an eye for accuracy
- Experience and skills in Photoshop – or a willingness to pick these up quickly
- The ability to recognize a deadline, but also to be calm in a crisis
- A love of talking to people – this job will not suit someone who wants to hide behind an
- An idea to put forward in a brainstorm and willingness to pick up the phone.
- A willingness to work occasional early shifts and flexible hours.
- A passion for PR and an interest in marketing and all things to do with broadcasting
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
– A great introduction to the world of PR
– Lots of on the job training
– Some fabulous household name clients and celebrity spokespeople
– The same perks as the rest of the team: Private dental insurance, mobile phone allowance
-Friday drinks, cake on Mondays, monthly team pub outing, Christmas and summer parties etc
To apply for the role please send your CV and a covering letter of between 200-300 words long, explaining what you would bring to the job, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not send a letter then, sorry, we will not consider your application. Deadline for applications eop Friday 13th July. Interviews likely to be or soon after Tuesday 17th July Immediate start possible.