Shout! have an ongoing retainer to secure coverage for the Legal Ombudsman, which handles complaints about legal services in the UK. On this project we successfully secured a variety of coverage on national radio and television.
An example campaign was to highlight a report published by the Legal Ombudsman, which revealed in 2013 it had ordered almost a million pounds in compensation to rectify consumer problems caused by poor ‘no win, no fee’ legal services. The campaign strongly advised the ‘no win, no fee’ promise should be phased out.
- Using our experience as broadcast journalists, we created a press release which we knew would grab the attention of radio and TV news desks.
- We liaised with the Ombudsman to secure relevant case studies – in particular recommending a younger example to offer to breakfast TV.
- Coming up with a new twist on an on-going story.
- Disseminating complex information into a compelling story and ensuring that key messages were communicated.
- A case study based in Sheffield who was unable to travel to studios.
National radio and TV coverage included Sky News Radio, Radio 4 ‘You and Yours’, Sky News Sunrise and ITV Daybreak.
Other pick up as a result of the national coverage included ITV Yorkshire and BBC London, West Midlands, Sheffield and Oxford.