It was the biggest ship built for the British market…but it was also broadcast PR on the grandest scale. Shout! Communications has had the pleasure of supporting P&O Cruises with broadcast PR for several ship launches, but a naming ceremony that involves the Queen is always going to be that extra bit special. This was the case with Britannia when she was unveiled at a spectacular launch in March 2015.
- Filmed interviews and events around the launch of Britannia
- Edited and distributed B-roll and online packages to the news media
- Secured coverage for the story across national, regional & international outlets including the BBC, ITV, Mail Online, Telegraph to name a few
- Arranged interviews with key spokespeople for regional, national and international TV and radio broadcasters
- Edited highlights reel for social media, marketing and internal communications
This was a massive event involving a huge team of people so logistically it was challenging. There were many members of the broadcast media, vying to get the best pictures, and it was our responsibility to ensure they were all happy with what they got. The security around the event was extremely tight because of the Queen’s presence which meant that moving around the site was tricky. The pressure to get the B-roll to broadcasters quickly meant we had to be extremely fast and decisive in the edit.
Our footage was used by broadcasters around the world both on TV and online. We secured interviews with BBC and commercial radio for P&O Cruises’ senior management as well as the ship’s Captain and some of the celebrity chefs associated with the brand. There were more than a thousand pieces of broadcast coverage with an AVE estimated at more than £5 million.