Shout! worked to promote the start of English apple season with a national and regional radio day and creative corporate video for English Apples’ social media pages.See full case study >
Are you simply the best? Then we’d like to hear from you……
As rare as hen’s teeth….we have a couple of vacancies for which we’re looking to recruit immediately, plus we have further plans to expand next year. Do read on….
The role first is at Senior Account Manager/Account Manager level.
This is an important and exciting role and the successful candidate will play a crucial role in our media relations campaigns. You will be part of a tight-knit team working across consumer, health, business and technology clients.
The role involves:
- Selling in stories to online and broadcast journalists, and in order to do this establishing and maintaining good journalist relations
- Overseeing radio days and producing radio studio sessions
- Analysing research, and the drafting and writing of press releases
- Ensuring compilation of final reports, including evaluation and audio and video clips
- Supporting the company with new business, marketing, admin etc
The successful person will be a news junkie. They’ll be an avid viewer/listener of traditional forms of broadcasting but will also enjoy using new media too. They’re likely to have a minimum of two years PR and/or journalistic experience. Other qualities are likely to include:
- A contact book full of broadcast journalists they speak to on a regular basis
- Experience of dealing with clients
- The ability to be calm in a crisis
- A love of talking to people – this job will not suit someone who wants to hide behind an email!
- An idea to put forward in a brainstorm
- A willingness to work occasional weekends and flexible hours.
There are some fun bits too including Monday cake, Friday treats, occasional company drinks, a Christmas party and 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays).
Salary dependent on experience but in the region of £25,000 – £35,000. We are committed to offering a minimum of 24 hours training a year. Other benefits include a monthly mobile phone allowance, pension, an annual eye test and 25 days holiday. To apply for the job please send a covering letter explaining what qualities you think you’d bring to the role, along with details of your salary and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications EOP, Wednesday 11th December.
The second role is for a Broadcast Team Assistant.
This is an entry level job, but a role that is significant in enabling the smooth running of our agency. It involves what some might argue is an eclectic mix of skills and requirements; but prove you can do the basics and you’ll find you are given a host of, arguably, more interesting and demanding responsibilities.
We are a small, agile and commercial agency and everyone is required to wear a lot of hats. That said, we will support you, train you and ensure you live up to the standard our clients except. This is not a job for the faint hearted but for the right candidate it offers a wealth of experience that will undoubtedly enhance your future career prospects.
There is a requirement for the successful candidate to live within Greater London within a month of starting the post.
Skills and qualities required:
- Administration and organisation skills.
- Strong writing ability.
- Design skills eg photoshop
- Technical/IT skills. We are asking a lot from this role and do not necessarily expect the successful candidate to have all the skills listed below. More important is a willingness to learn and build on any experience or knowledge you do have.
- Willingness to put our clients first.
- Ability to multi-task!
HOSPITALITY AND HOUSE-KEEPING
- Stocking up office supplies
- Hospitality for guests (tea/coffee making, ordering of food, setting up meeting rooms)
- Mail chimp – design and sending out
- Drafting of invitations for workshops and events
- Daily Twitter updates
- Regular LinkedIn updates
- Occasional other social media updates eg Facebook, Instagram
- Subbing, scheduling and hosting of blogs, including sourcing of images and guest bloggers
- Photo-shopping brochures, case studies etc
- Promoting our agency to external publishers eg PR Week, PR Moment
- Website administration
- Case studies
- Helping produce our bi-annual in-house newspaper “Shout Out”
- Experience and ability to operate the radio sound desk, or a willingness to learn
- Basic video camera filming (for media training), or a willingness to learn
- Basic video editing (Adobe Premier), or a willingness to learn
- Uploading videos to website.
- To apply for the position please send your CV and a covering letter, including details of any current salary, explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for the job, to email@example.com
Deadline EOP Wednesday 11th December 2019
Best PR Video Practices
This E-book looks at some tips and tricks in all areas of productionDownload now